Requirements for Stand Up Paddling are a.o:
- Wearing a lifevest (SUP Boards are no Flotation aides)
- Good and safe swimming skills; a good health; not pregnant; no alcohol etc.
- Beware for hypothermia (drop in cold water without warmthisolation by a Wetsuit)
- Inform yourself about weather-and wind forecasts. And locally about dangerzones (E.g. a dam). Take your mobile phone
- When you fall off the board, it can by taken away by wind as of windforce 2. Wear a leash in open water
Warning: never wear a leash in rivers/ flowing waters
- Do not paddle alone and go together